CuCoNiBe - C18500 - DIN 2.1285 - Copper Cobalt Beryllium
CuCoNiBe is a heat treatable copper alloy which is used in all kinds of industries. CuCoNiBe is consisting of Cu with Co, Ni and Be in order to achieve a Cu-alloy with a high electrical and thermal conductivity together with a high degree of hardness and strength.
Examples of application :
- Spot welding electrodes en welding wheels for resistance welding operations especially made of stainless and heat resistant steels
- Welding bars and electrode blocks for welding wire mesh and other wire products
- Plungers in cold chamber die casting machines (light metal casting)
- Dies for non ferrous metal casting
- Inserts in plastic blow moulding and plastic injection moulding
CuCoNiBe is produced in round, flat, square, rectangular and hexagon bars. CuCoNiBe is also produced in discs, rings, plates and special profiles. Finished parts can also be produced out of this CuCoNiBe copper alloy according to customer production drawings.